6 Latest-Worst Recruitment Challenges covered:
- Fed Up Interviewing Irrelevant Candidates
- Dependency on Hiring Managers/Experts
- Hiring Duration is a Killer of Best Hires
- Candidates Rejected Speak Ill
- The Bad Hires
- Your HiPPO - One of the Biggest Challenges in Recruitment
Not being able to hire the right talent becomes a killer for any company.
As demand for skilled and qualified people having expertise knowledge outpaces supply and with so many companies competing for top talent, it’s getting harder for companies to attract the quality talent.
If you wait several weeks the quality talent is going to lose interest or be scooped up by other employers.
So, the focus of this blog on recruiting challenges is particularly on how to interview only quality candidates. The video below covers all the points.
#1. Fed Up Interviewing Irrelevant Candidates
Let’s be honest resumes haven’t helped since the 80’s and recruiters spend 40% of their time simply trying to understand candidates.
The only way is to stay selective with whom you interview and use skill assessment tests and simulators.
That will help you make sure people you are hiring are as qualified as they claim to be.
This is exactly where Interview Mocha an online assessment software comes in, it will arm you with information on candidate’s skills according to the job profile so you can do what you really want to do right: Interview Quality Talent.
#2. Dependency on Hiring Managers/Experts
A hiring manager or an expert will be required to assess skills of a candidate for any particular job role.
This particular challenge creates chaos in many companies because hiring managers:
- are usually busy leads to more hiring time
- lead to more hiring charges
- like to use 'less is more' approach
- decisions can be bias
- are not always willing to interview
So, using their help in the last rounds or choosing between 2 or 3 candidates is best but when it comes to assessing candidate skills in bulk assessment software should be used.
Interview Mocha is the only software in the world that has a vast library of 1000+ ready skill tests created by Subject Matter Experts. You can easily evaluate each and every skill of a candidate on basis of the job description and ask for a customized test.
#3. Hiring Duration is a Killer of Best Hires
68% of recruiters take average 42 days to hire a candidate across all categories.
Cut two steps, telephone round and checking resumes. Directly assess their skills first.
Do it for this reason –
- High demand or quality candidates get more job offers
- Vacant positions remain open for a long time
- A negative image will be created of being a slow decision maker.
- You will anyway reject a candidate who doesn't have basic skills.
With Interview Mocha you can assess skills according to job profile first and remove all wrong candidates helping you interview only the quality candidates and, in the process, saving a lot of time.
#4. Candidates Rejected Speak Ill
Rejected applicants will speak ill about companies and hinder your company’s name. In the world where things are judged and escalated quickly candidates often speak bad even for small issues.
The moment the process becomes lengthy and boring candidates often leave and in case, they are rejected they give negative reviews.
In this scenario, it’s important to reject unqualified candidates on 2 or 3 rounds by giving them assessment skill test so that no negativity is created as the process becomes easy and fast.
A negative candidate experience can be a blunder and can never be gauged properly. But here's what can happen?
- They can share their negative experience with their colleagues and friends
- Can update on different Social Media profiles
- They won’t provide you with referrals
- They can leave a negative review of your company’s hiring process on a Glassdoor
#5. The Bad Hires
Many recruiters and hiring mangers choose candidates who will agree with them and are cost effective so that they just do the hard work.
You should hire someone who is better than you or your team and not think about the cost that can help your business to grow but if you don't, your business will affect badly as:
- there will be no new concepts or ideas
- less productivity or business can never be ascertained
- there will be a weak team
- no in-house great managers in the future
- once hired you can't remove them just for not being a performer
- if you do fire there will always be a monetary cost of new hire
#6. Your HiPPO- One of the biggest Challenges in Recruitment
HiPPO - Highest Paid Person's Opinion
Are you affected by HIPPO? Well many are. Even after highly sophisticated analytical data available to recruiters and hiring managers, many still rely heavily on their opinion which affects business in many ways.
Not much can be done regarding this except making a change in yourself by removing the HiPPO as a bias.
Recruitment Challenges and Solutions
Look out for these challenges when you make your next best hire. Cheer Up ! all the above problems can be solved through Interview Mocha- an online assessment platform. Convert your challenges into your strength without any worries. I have also created recruitment challenges ppt in case you need to download it.
An Assessment Platform is the Current Trend in Recruitment
Few points that can help understand why an assessment platform is used for recruiting globally:
- Assessments can be done with ease and according to the job role
- Recruiters don't need technical skills
- Candidates basic skills should be assessed before a face to face interview
- Irrelevant candidates can be removed in case of bulk applications
- Candidates need to take assessments from any part of the world
- Quick and intelligent reports are required
- ATS doesn’t have proper assessments
- Different hiring needs require different assessments
Interview Mocha #1 Recruitment Solution
All recruitment issues in HR can be solved through Interview Mocha. Many of our clients feel we are the future of recruitment industry, right after recruitment tool ATS.
Notable Features of Interview Mocha:
- Skill Tests
- High-quality 1000+ skill tests
- Created by subject matter experts
- Latest & quality new tests added to the database every week
- Coding Tests :
- 30 different categories of Coding
- Interview Mocha tries to kill a particular category by making different tests according to the job roles.
- Questions types include
- Whiteboard Questions
- Coding Simulators
- Audio / Video Questions
- Multiple Choice Questions
- Difficulty score for different question types
- Descriptive Questions
- Case Study
- ATS Integration
- 5 ATS and more releasing soon.
- 1-Click integration process
- 100% Do It Yourself,
- doesn’t require any IT skills
- completes in less than 5 minutes.
- Customizable Tests
- customize tests according to the job role
- add your own questions
- add different skills in the same test
- ask for a new custom-tailored test
- delivered in 3 working days
- Intelligent Reports include
- Candidate ranking
- Intelligent analytics
- Detailed reports
- Bulk candidate reports
- Best Candidate Experience while using the platform & taking the test
- Cheating Prevention
- Randomization of questions
- Prevent Copying text
- Cheating Detection
- Web-Cam - more than 1 face detection
- Window Violation
- Your Branding and feel
- When candidate take the test your logos and website design will be shown.
- Single Sign-On
- Multi-User Access
- Sophisticated User Access Control
- GDPR compliance
- Capture Candidate feedback
You Just Read About
6 Worst Recruitment Challenges A Recruiter Shall Not Miss!