Is your technical selection team rejecting too many candidates for C# developer position???
Last week, you scheduled interviews of few candidates for C# developer position. But alas, technical team rejected all of the candidates saying they do not have application knowledge of MVC!!
Have you encountered such a scenario as a recruiter? If yes, then let me help you quickly understand why this happened.
A modern recruiter should have a basic understanding of the trends in technology. Interview Mocha leader of online recruitment tests has come up with a blog that will help you gauge the knowledge of MVC from hiring point of view.
What is MVC?
MVC (Model View Controller) is the most popular ASP.NET programming models.
The MVC model defines web applications with 3 logic layers
- The Model is the part of the application that handles the logic for the application data.
- The View is the part of the application that handles the display of the data.
- The Controller is the part of the application that handles user interaction.
Why it is necessary for a DOT NET developer to know MVC?
There are many benefits of using MVC for a project. I am trying to avoid technical jargon and putting it in a recruiter understandable way :-)
Benefits of MVC
- ASP.NET MVC enforces separation of concerns. So there are very fewer chances of getting things more complex.
- Automatic testing is possible.
- Re-usability increases.
- The MVC separation helps you manage complex applications because you can focus on one aspect a time.
- Reduces the page size and there is an improvement in performance.
- It makes it easier to test an application.
- The MVC separation also simplifies group development. Different developers can work on the view, the controller logic, and the business logic in parallel.
- Enables the full control over the rendered HTML.
- Existing ASP.NET Features can be used
Hope you are convinced by now that it's a fair demand by a hiring manager to test MVC skills of a candidate.
Now the question is how?
I know you can't only rely on a resume :-( resume do not validate skills.
No worries, we are at your rescue - check out our online test on ASP.NET MVC skills now. Interview Mocha's specialized online test on MVC contains well balanced and meaningful questions on C# .Net, MVC Architecture, Razor view engine, routing and filtering, bundling and minification to judge knowledge level of the test taker.
Using powerful reporting, you will have a detailed analysis of test results to help you make better decisions and predict candidate and employee success.