We are witnessing global crises due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We all are pumped up more than before to stay fit, healthy, and productive by functioning remotely or from home.
However, at the same time, many employers will agree with me on letting the employees working from their extreme comfort may hamper productivity and work quality. They are trying to figure out the way to streamline the overall functionality when it comes to managing everything remotely.
What could be the solution to this global challenge?
Do not worry!
We, imocha have come up with a comprehensive list of top remote working tools to keep you going, safe, and productive while working from the comfort of your home.
Before you dive into the article, we just wanted you to know that we will keep updating this blog on a regular basis. So let us know if you want to add more tools in the list. Contact us on email@example.com.
Remote Hiring Assessment Tools
Online screening and skills assessment tools: When you are working remotely and simultaneously trying to hire the best fit for your organization. The online skills assessment tools will serve the purpose of hiring from home efficiently. It helps you to know whether the candidates have the required skills to perform the job or not.
- imocha: imocha - a leading pre-employment testing platform is on a mission to help enterprises hire job fit candidates faster. With its 1500+ skills tests.
- HackerRank: HackerRank is a tech company that focuses on competitive programming challenges for both candidates as well as businesses, where developers compete by trying to program according to provided specifications
- Plum: Plum is an assessment tool that creates questions from the with the help of industrial/organizational psychologists.
- HackerEarth: HackerEarth provides enterprise software solutions that help organizations with their recruitment needs. The platform vets technical talent through skill-based evaluation and analytics.
- Devskiller: Devskiller is a sourcing, screening, and skill mapping platform. It helps you to recruit talent and boost your recruitment outcomes.
- Mettl: Mettl is a technology company that provides skill assessment tools, proctoring, and online assessment software.
- Aspiring Minds: Provides psychometric tests and skill certifications for pre employ-ability assessments.
- Codility: Codility is a platform to evaluate coders using during the recruitment process.
Video Interviewing tools: Video Interviewing platforms have gained huge popularity in the last few years. Many HR professionals are using these tools to get in touch and conduct interviews of candidates across the globe. It saves billable time and resources and streamlines the recruitment process.
- Montage: The platform prioritizes candidate experience, and by offering candidates plenty of support, flexibility, and control over the application and interview process, it delivers. Even if you don’t hire a candidate, they’ll walk away thinking highly of your company if you use Montage
- VidCruiter: VidCruiter is your answer to saving time recruiting top candidates and adding value to your bottom line. VidCruiter's suite of products includes an easy to use pre-recorded video interviewing system, a live video interviewing system that can record interviews, an automated scheduling system and on top of this you can try our automated reference checking software.
- Interview Stream: Interview video interviewing solution helps recruitment and hiring managers discover top talent while reducing their time to hire and costs associated with interviews.
- Spark Hire: Sparkhire is a good platform for video interviewing. Whether you're using it for one position or multiple positions, it can handle the job. It's user interfaces are intuitive and the functionality allows you to do many things.
- WEPOW: WePow is a cloud-based video interviewing platform that allows companies to customize the interviewing process by enabling hiring managers to put together and send pre-recorded interview packages to candidates.
- Jobma: Jobma offers video interviewing software and assessments to help companies gain an advantage by hiring the right talent. By using video interviews, Jobma promises to augment human decision-making in the hiring process and deliver higher quality talent, faster.
- Hirevue: Video and assessment interview solution that helps businesses with pre-hire, scheduling, and evaluation of candidates.
- Video Recruit: Video Recruit is an automated video interviewing solution. Recruiters can prepare questions and email invitations to candidates. The candidate can then record their responses via the interviewing solution.
- RecRight: RecRight is a leading Nordic video recruitment tool providing an intuitive, flexible, and user-friendly software to fulfill HR professionals' most demanding needs.
- MyInterview: MyInterview is a video interviewing solution from the company of the same name headquartered in Sydney, which provides applicants with test scenarios, and are securely encoded and stored in regulatory compliance, and are mobile responsive.
Remote Team Management Tools
Remote team management tools help you keep the productivity of your team high even if you are not working under the same roof. Almost all the companies are rolling out their mass work from home policies and for that, they are relying on the remote work/team management tool.
Atlassian: The tool guides remote teams to connect and be more productive.
Hubstaff: Hubstaff solves this with a complete-time tracking and time sheet management solution, including the option of monitoring employees via GPS.
- Zoho: Zoho Remotely will enable you to take your work remotely by offering a complete suite of web and mobile apps that will help you communicate, collaborate, and be productive.
- Cisco Webex: A powerful virtual meeting tool such as Cisco Webex is an essential part of your remote work arsenal. It will enable you to communicate with people across departments in an efficient way in the working from home reality but also onboard new employees in an engaging way in this challenging period.
- Cloudflare: You access various internal applications remotely while working from home. Cloudflare’s network and focuses on keeping users, devices, and data safe without compromising experience or performance.
- Remo: Remo is a video-first virtual workspace for remote teams that fosters real-time collaboration and strengthens company culture.
- Axure: This is the best remote working tool for developers. The platform's USP is the sheer extent of its feature set. Product managers and designers can share ideas with developers without writing a single line of code, enabling a clear exchange of thought and direction.
- Minium: An AI-driven platform that enables distributed IT management for distributed workforces. It's quality and secure connectivity for maximum productivity. Remote employees to plug a Minim-enabled router to their home gateway. Then they connect their devices to a new network, co-managed by their employer.
- Appear.in: Appear.in is a smarter alternative, letting you create a team meeting room, with a unique domain link. You can simply share a link with your team members or client to start a call without additional requirements for downloads or logins.
- Chimp or champ: It is an anonymous employee happiness monitor that asks your employees once a week to share their feelings, identify pain points, and send actionable feedback.
Project Management Tools
A project management tool is what brings projects and team collaboration in one place for everyone to be on the same page. The tool provides faster collaboration, easier delegation, accurate project tracking, central data storage, seamless communication, quick file-sharing, time tracking, automated invoicing, quick reporting, etc.
- Proofhub: ProofHub is a versatile project management software used by leading organizations. This all-in-one tool comes packed with powerful features to eliminate the need of having too many different tools to run your business.
- Celoxis: It helps organizations plan and tracks their portfolios, projects, tasks, resources, timesheets, issues, and risks from one place. It has extensive collaboration features including a customizable free client portal.
- Teamgantt: TeamGantt is a refreshing pm solution that brings project scheduling software online. You can manage projects by Inviting your co-workers, teammates, and friends to view and edit your Gantt chart is simple and fun!
- ProWorkFow: Proworkflow is one of those project management software your teams would love. It’s beautiful, versatile and extremely easy to use
- Redbooth: Redbooth is easy-to-use online project management software for high performing teams. Get started for free with collaboration tools and task management.
- WorkBook: WorkBook is a powerful agency specialist project management software tool that's designed to power an entire agency's process. It's a fully featured project management software suite with project and resource management, CRM, collaboration and file sharing, forecasting & accounting
- Scoro: Scoro is an end-to-end business management solution which allows professional and creative services to control their entire workflow from one place. Scoro provides project management, work scheduling & tracking, taskboards & lists, contact database & CRM, quoting and billing, advanced reporting, real-time dashboards, and more.
- Backlog.com: Backlog is the all-in-one online project management tool for task management, version control, and bug tracking. Backlog enhances team collaboration across organizations large and small. Plan work, track progress, and release code updates right in Backlog.
- Trello: Trello is a collaboration tool that organizes your projects into boards. In one glance, Trello tells you what's being worked on, who's working on what, and where something is in a process.
- Basecamp: Basecamp is a real-time communication tool that helps teams stay on the same page; it’s less for traditional project management tasks (e.g., resource planning and long-term scheduling). With to-do-lists, calendaring, due dates and file-sharing, Basecamp provides a way for teams to keep track of priorities and actionable items.
Communication and collaboration tools
Team work has always been an important part to run a business successfully. And it’s even more necessary when your whole team is working remotely. Employees working from their respective places need to be able to connect and work together on important projects. This has created a need for collaboration and communication tools.
- Slack: Slack is where team communication happens. When your team needs to kick off a project, hire a new employee, deploy some code, review a sales contract, finalize next year's budget, measure an A/B test, plan your next office opening, and more, Slack has you covered.
- Zoom: Zoom unifies cloud video conferencing, simple online meetings, and group messaging into one easy-to-use platform.Whether you're connecting multiple conference rooms or adding remote attendees. Meeting face-to-face is as simple as a single touch.
- G-suite: An integrated suite of secure, cloud-native collaboration and productivity apps powered by Google AI. Includes Gmail, Docs, Drive, Calendar, Meet and more.
- Troop Messenger: Effective communication is the key to businesses optimization, and this software solution provides easy collaboration and messaging.
- Twist: Twist is a team communication app that keeps conversations organized, on-topic and easy to find (forever).
- Yammer: Yammer is a social network that’s entirely focused on your business. In order to join your business’s Yammer network, your team member must have a working email address from your company’s domain.
- Skype: Skype allows audio and video calls between multiple devices. In other words, one person could be on a laptop and another can be on their phone.
- Freshconnect: Freshconnect is a team collaboration tool, built to simplify inter and intra team communication. Team members can communicate with each other, in a one to one conversation or a group chat.
- Acquire: Acquire is a live chat software and a complete customer communication solution. The software is built and designed for businesses of all sizes and is equipped with the latest features to provide top-notch customer service to the customers.
- Chanty: Chanty is a simple business messenger for seamless communication and collaboration powered by AI.
- How to manage a remote team - Zapier
- A guide to managing your (newly) remote workers - HBR
- How to manage a team remotely - Monster
- 9 Tips for managing remote employees - Gartner
- 500 remote work resources for HR people - FullstackHR (Do share this valuable article with the HR folks in your organization to help them hire, train & retain top talent for you.)