Are you just about to Hire your iOS Objective C Developer?
Objective-C is extremely powerful but also one of the harder programming languages to learn, which is why evaluating candidates for their Objective-C Development skills is a crucial step before hiring.
To help you find your next iOS coding genius, I have compiled a list of Topics interview questions that can be asked while interviewing an iOS Objective-C developer.
iOS Objective-C Topics
Questions can be asked on many topics that include –
- ARC Automatic Reference Counting
- Location Manager
- UI Gesture
- View Controller
- Cocoa application
- Fonts related Questions
- Scenario Based questions
- Properties and Attributes in IOS
- Memory Management
Below is the round-up of few interview questions for an iOS Objective-C developer. Question complexity may differ as per the experience level. If you would like to conduct an employment test for Objective-C developer – check this out.
Here is the compilation of few interview questions for an iOS Objective-C developer.
Interview Questions for an iOS Objective C Developer:
- What is the difference between boxName and self.boxName?
- How autorelease pool is managed?
- Why is category better than inheritance?
- What is the split view controller?
- The advantages and disadvantages about synchronous versus asynchronous connections.
- Three occasions when you might use your own autorelease pools.
- Can we use one tableview with two different datasources? How will you achieve this?
- Difference between categories and extensions.
- Difference between shallow copy and deep copy.
- How to access the encapsulated data in objective-c?
- Tell four frameworks used in iphone.
- What are layer objects and what do they represent?
- How do you change the content of your app in order to change the views displayed in the corresponding window?
- Which object manage the presentation of app’s content on the screen?
- Are document objects required for an application? What do they offer?
- How is the app delegate is declared by Xcode project templates?
- Assume that system is running low on memory. What can system do for suspended apps?
- An app is loaded into memory but is not executing any code. In which state will it be in?
- Give example scenarios when an application goes into InActive state.
- Which framework delivers event to custom object when app is in foreground?
- What is atomic and nonatomic? Which one is safer? Which one is default?
- What are all the difference between categories and subclasses? Why should we go to subclasses?
- What happens when the following code executes?
Ball *ball = [[[[Ball alloc] init] autorelease] autorelease];
- Can you explain what happens when you call autorelease on an object?
If you want to quickly evaluate a candidate for his technical skills in Objective C for iOS, Interview Mocha has created an online iOS Objective-C skill test that contains meaningful application oriented and theory based questions to evaluate the job readiness of an iOS developer.
Let us know how you find this test?