If you are looking for android interview questions, here is the list of most important questions that can be asked in interviews.
Android Interview Questions for Lateral Hiring:
1. What are the life cycle methods of broadcast receiver?
2. How do you kill a fragment?
3. What is BufferedReader API?
4. How do you store multiple user credentials using preferences?
5. How do you pass data from one screen to other screen?
6. What is dx file and how it is generated?
7. How many ways we can store data in android? What all the different data storage
options available in android?
8. Why cannot you run standard Java Bytecode on Android?
9. How can two Android applications share same Linux user ID and share same VM?
10. How can your application perform actions that are provided by other application e.g.
11. How do you supply construction arguments into a Fragment?
12. How would you create a multi-threaded Android app without using the Thread class?
13. How would you access data in a ContentProvider?
14. When might you use a FrameLayout?
15. How are escape characters used as attribute?
16. How to create a new Android project within android IDE?
17. How to add any fragment without using user interface?
18. How will you set Orientation in Android IDE?
19. What is renderscript? When would you use it?
20. How does the OutOfMemory happens?
21. If you have a fragment which displays a ListViewContaining query results, which API
would you use to bring the data over to the device asynchronously?
22. What is the key used to bundle an extra parameter on a PendingIntent holding a
23. What permission is required for your application to use the device's vibrate hardware?
24. How to enable overlay mode On API level 11 or higher, to create a custom theme for
25. Which manifest "uses-configuration" should your application use if your application
requires a finger activated touch screen on the device?
Android Interview Questions for Entry Level Hiring:
1. What are the main components/building blocks of Android?
2. Which database is used for Android?
3. Can Android application only be programmed in Java?
4. What is the difference between an implicit intent and explicit intent?
5. Where can you define the icon for your Activity?
6. When does ANR occur and how can ANR be prevented?
7. What is AIDL and explain data types are supported by AIDL?
8. What is AndroidManifest.xml?
9. Is there a case wherein other qualifiers in multiple resources take precedence over
10. What are the different states wherein a process is based?
11. Enumerate the three key loops when monitoring an activity
12. When is the onStop() method invoked?
13. What are containers?
14. Mention 5 Native Android Actions?
15. What items are important in every Android project?
16. Explain the ways by which data is stored in Android?
17. What is Pending Intent?
18. Explain layers in Android Architecture?
19. Describe the APK format.
20. Can you explain concepts like Adapter, Service, Activity and adb?
21. How do you request permissions for your application?
22. How do you display Action Bar back button on all versions of Android?
23. What are Dalvik Executable files?
24. Which service is used to perform IPC, when bind application to a service?
25. What are the main components of Android application?
Use this list of Android Interview Questions for interview preparation. Read them, bookmark them, and even add your own interview questions in the comments below.